Mackerel – 2 pcsPotatoes -2-3 piecesOnions or green onions – 1 pc or beamCarrots – 1 pcZucchini – 1 – pcLemon – 1/2 piecesDill – 1 bunchParsley – 1 bunchSalt and spices – to tasteMayonnaise – 1-2 tbsp. spoonsGarlic – 2-3 cloves
How to cook mackerel in foil
If you use frozen rather than freshmackerel, always very carefully select the fish. Do not take the old one, which had been frozen and stored for a long time – her skin is dry and has a dull color.
Frozen fish should be thawed and well cleaned from the inside. If you want to cook the holiday meal, the head was not cut, but simply remove the gills.
Remove the insides of the abdomen and a good clean from the black plenochki – it gives the finished dish bitter.
Stuffed fish can be any filling, but for the most successful meat flavored mackerel is a mixture of potatoes, carrots, onions, zucchini and mayonnaise.
Potato peel and cut into fine strips.
Zucchini – it is best to take the young to not cut the skin. They should be well washed, and also chop into fine strips.
Onions and carrots cut into strips or thin cubes.
All the vegetables with salt and mix well with mayonnaise.
Mackerel, baked in foil, stuffed vegetable family, it turns incredibly juicy and nourishing as it does not need to prepare a separate side dish for her.
Carcass mackerel little salt inside and put on a piece of food foil. In the belly of the fish put the prepared minced vegetables.
Carefully wrap the fish in foil, so that the seam was on top in the middle, and put on a baking sheet. This way you can cook any fish in foil – mackerel, pike-perch, trout.
Baking fish put in a preheated 180degree oven and bake 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before end of cooking, straight mackerel in the oven in foil disclose that she was a little browned. The juice, which is released with the fish, do not merge. We take out the pan from the oven, cover with foil and give the fish a bit of time – 3-5 minutes.
The finished baked mackerel can bring to the table directly on the foil or to pass on to a serving plate.
Before prepare mackerel in foil withoutRemember to warm up the oven. If you have prepared a side dish or stuff like mackerel, something for you even easier way of cooking this flavorful fish.
Before cooking mackerel in foil,Wash fresh dill or cockerels. Cut with a sharp knife herbs as finely as possible. Clove of garlic grate or chop with a knife and mixed with herbs.
Carcase shelled mackerel cut, portionedslices, season with salt and wipe it well on all sides with a mixture of herbs and garlic. Half a lemon cut into thin slices and arrange on top of the fish – mackerel on a medium size will need about 3-4 thin lemon ringlet.
Wrap fish in foil and bake in the ovenabout 15-20 minutes. Cooked mackerel removed from the oven and serve immediately to the table. Baked mackerel will be no less delicious if it is served chilled, it does not expand the foil until it is completely cool.
From fish cooked in this way it will be possible to prepare a delicious appetizer pate, sandwiches or fish salad. Bon Appetit!
Mackerel is a flavorful, firm-fleshed fish that is easy to cook, low in fat and full of nutrients. There are many ways to adapt this popular seafood to your tastes. Keep a few tips for how to cook mackerel in mind to get the most flavor out of this healthy fish.
- to Cook Mackerel Fry mackerel
- Pan frying is a quick method of cooking mackerel that requires little preparation. Add a small amount of oil or melted butter to a heated pan. Place the mackerel fillet in the pan skin side down. Season the side facing you with salt and pepper. Turn the fish after 5 minutes and cook for an additional five minutes.
- to Cook Mackerel Bake mackerel
- Make mackerel in the oven by baking it. Spray a roasting pan or baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange mackerel fillets skin side down and season with salt, pepper or other seafood seasonings. Drizzle the mackerel with melted butter to help it stay moist, then bake for ten minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- to Cook Mackerel Grill mackerel
- The firm texture of this fish allows you to cook with mackerel in ways that aren’t options with more delicate seafood, like grilling. Place mackerel skin side down on a hot grill and grill on each side for about 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when touched with a fork. Wrap mackerel fillets in foil before placing on the grill if a lighter grilled taste is preferred.
- to Cook Mackerel Make mackerel packets
- Place one mackerel fillet on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Add sliced vegetables like asparagus, carrots and leeks. Season all the food with salt and pepper. Drizzle a small amount of oil or melted butter on all the food, then wrap the foil up into a packet. Cook in a preheated oven for fifteen minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- to Cook Mackerel Use mackerel in salads
- Fry a mackerel fillet in a pan or bake it in the oven, then flake it apart with a fork. Add the pieces of mackerel to a bed of mixed greens and vegetables and top with your favorite citrus vinaigrette or salad dressing.
- to Cook Mackerel Poach mackerel
- Add seasoned mackerel to a pan with enough white wine or vegetable broth to cover the fillet. Arrange the fish skin side down so the fleshy side can absorb the flavors of the liquid. Bring the liquid to a simmer, but do not let it boil. Poach the mackerel in the simmering liquid for about 5 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- to Cook Mackerel Vary cooking methods.
- Try cooking mackerel in several different ways to find the way you like it best. The firm, versatile fish holds up well on the grill, but is also delicious baked or pan fried, so you can experiment with cooking it in different ways that might be difficult with a more delicate fish.
Add New Question
Why don’t the suggestions have the temperature of the oven in which it should be baked?
Fish like mackerel can be baked at any temperature from 275°F to 450°F. The lower the temp, the longer the fish should be cooked. Size also makes a difference. On average, bake 375°F for 20 – 30 minutes (shorter time for thin fish, longer for thicker).
How do I remove the back bone before cooking?
Find where the bone starts. You may need to dig with your finger to lift up the bone. When you have found it, just pull it gently making sure you remove all of the bone.
Does it have scales?
Mackerel do have scales, but are small enough to not be worried about. If you choose to descale I recommend doing it over a sink with a knife going gently against the grain of the fish.
How long can I keep mackerel in the freezer?
It depends on the freshness, but genuinely a couple of months if the fish is fresh and is put into the freezer right away.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Avoid overcooking mackerel to prevent the fillet from drying out. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the piece of fish, but most mackerel fillets only need to be cooked for about 5 minutes on each side. Mackerel is done when it flakes easily when checked with a fork and has a white, opaque appearance.
Things You’ll Need
Mackerel fillets or steaks
Salt and pepper
Sliced lemon or other garnishes
Did you try these steps?
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 299,691 times.
Did this article help you?
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small rainbow trout, boned
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, one sliced, one cut in wedges
- 8 fresh tarragon or dill sprigs, or 4 rosemary sprigs
- Chopped fresh tarragon, dill or parsley for serving
Email Grocery List
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut four sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil or eight sheets of lighter foil into squares that are three inches longer than your fish. If using lighter foil, make four double-thick squares. Oil the dull side of the foil with olive oil, and place a trout, skin side down, on each square. Season both sides with salt and pepper, and open them out flat. Place two tarragon or dill sprigs (or one rosemary sprig) and two lemon slices down the middle of each, and fold the two sides together. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over each fish.
- Making sure that the trout are in the middle of each square, fold up the foil loosely, grabbing at the edges and crimping together tightly to make a packet. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, checking one of the packets after 10 minutes. The flesh should be opaque and pull apart easily when tested with a fork.
- Place each packet on a plate. Carefully cut across the top to open it, taking care not to let the steam from inside the packet burn you. Gently remove the fish from the packet, and pour the juices over it. Sprinkle with fresh tarragon, dill or parsley. Serve, passing the lemon wedges.
- Advance preparation: You can prepare the fish and make the foil packets several hours ahead. Keep in the refrigerator until shortly before cooking.
Any fish of your choice, Handful of veggies (tomatoes, onions, broccoli, carrots etc.), salt, black pepper, olive oil, extra virgin, seasoning salt
onion, Olive oil (orange flavor or just use the original extra virgin), dried marjoram or use oregano if you need to replace, Salt and pepper, orange, lemon juice, honey (or sugar), whole star anise
salmon fillets, garlic, orange bell pepper, handful of fresh cut green beans, zucchini, olive oil, extra virgin, Kraft olive oil Tuscan Italian dressing, dried dill
사린린 Sa Rinrin
salt, coriander, paprika, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon (juice), fresh turmeric (substitute with powder turmeric), ginger or galangal
Maselebalo S’lebe Nchabeleng
Fish, Baby potatoes, Carrot, colored peppers, Green beans, Baby marrows, Onions, Olive oil
salmon, lemons, thinly sliced, salt and pepper, butter, garlic, sliced
medium size white fish, red crushed chilli, black pepper powder, , salt, ginger,garlic paste, oil, mayonnaise or to taste
Crushed Red Pepper, Lemon, Cucumber, Salt, Fish Seasoning, Sweet peppers, Olive Oil, Tilapia
flour, buttermilk, crushed saltine crackers, eggs, salt, black pepper, pieces white fish (ex. cod, haddock)
salmon fillets (5 ounces each), olive oil, olive oil, salt and pepper, chopped tomatoes (14 ounce), chopped shallots, lemon juice, dried oregano
salmon fillets, handfuls green beans, green pesto, lemon, olive oil, as needed
butter , melted, salmon. cleaned and trimmed, tarragon ,roughly chopped, fl oz dry white wine, juice of a lemon, salt and pepper to taste
fish fillets, sush as hamour fish, lemon, cut in slices, medium onions, sliced, raw pine nuts, roasted, lemon juice, olive oil, vegetable oil, salt
salmon filet (mine was 1 pound), lemon slice, cayane pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, extra virgin Olive oil
haddock fillets or white fish of choice, olive oil, for drizzling, salt, pepper, paprika & dried parsley, butter
ripe avocado, eggs, Salt and pepper, Salmon to top egg (I used leftovers, anything you have will do!), Brie or a similar cheese, Chopped chives
Fresh Salmon, LG Lemons , Garlic Powder, Cracked Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Dried Parsley, Knoors Hollandaise Sauce , Fresh Asparagus
whole or 1kg salmon fillet, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, melted butter, dried thyme leaves, grated Parmesan cheese
Mackerel fish / cleaned, garlic, plain tomato sauce, water, chopped parsley, Tobasco , salt and pepper to taste
Salmon, White Onions, Tomatoes, Mayonnaise, lemon, ground black pepper, Shredded Cheese, cooking oil
Searches related to baked fish in foil
- fish in foil